Evaluating expansion to Walmart.ca
Who can sell on Walmart.ca?
- Prior ecommerce experience selling high quality products at competitive prices
- The list of prohibited categories is available here.
- Your products need to have UPC, EAN or GTIN codes. At least one of them is required, and you will not be able to sell on Walmart without valid codes. The only source of barcodes that we recommend is the GS1.
- Provide great customer service to buyers via phone and email.
- Ship products in plain boxes, no branding (no FBA fulfillment allowed).
Do I need to have my business registered in Canada?
Step 1. Apply for your Business Number on the Government of Canada website .
Step 2. Register as an NRI. Walmart partners with two companies providing NRI services - Livingston and Border Buddy. We can introduce and connect you with those companies, contact our support for details.
Do I need to have a warehouse in Canada?
Ship With Walmart (SWW) Program
See more on Walmart Knowledge Base.
Another great way to reach more customers is to use Walmart Connect. It is an external program which takes care of the promotion and advertising of your products.
Taxes and Customs
Watch our Webinar
You start selling on Walmart Canada, why do you need GeekSeller?
For Walmart US Sellers
If you already sell on Walmart US it might be much easier for you to apply for Walmart Canada. There is an option available for selected sellers to apply directly from Walmart US Seller Center. To check if you are eligible for this method of application follow these instructions.