Amazon first revolutionized online order fulfillment in 2006 with the introduction of FBA, and in 2021 they are again at the forefront of order fulfillment with the introduction of a new program– Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP.)
There are two programs that can affix Amazons Prime badge to your listings:
- Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA)
- Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP)
What is SFP?
As with FBA, qualified sellers enrolled in Seller Fulfilled Prime will see the Amazon Prime badge affixed to their listings which have shown to be a surefire way to increase sales.
What are the Requirements?
A detailed list of SFP requirements can be found on Amazon, but the main ones involve ensuring quick delivery and shipping times:
- Ship over 99% of your orders on time
- Have nationwide delivery coverage for all standard-size products
- Use ship methods that support weekend delivery and pick up (Saturday or Sunday)
- Meet targets for 1-day and 2-day delivery promises
- Seller must agree to the Amazon Returns Policy
If you do not meet the above shipping requirements, but still want to take part in the SFP program, do not worry, you can also qualify through a number of 3PL companies– such as Deliverr or Cahoot.