What is Walmart DSV?
It is important to note that online suppliers utilize almost the same onboarding process as Walmart's National Suppliers.
When a purchase is made, the seller ships the product to the buyer. Walmart covers the shipping expense.
When a purchase is made, Walmart ships the order to the customer. There is no additional shipping cost for the seller.
DSV vs. 3P
As a Walmart DSV seller, your products are listed as “Sold by Walmart,” which helps your product’s credibility.
DSV sellers must have a proven track record of great customer service and quality products. While 3P sellers are held to high standards, DSV merchants are under even more scrutiny.
As a multivendor marketplace, Walmart gives sellers limited authority to request changes. DSV sellers are prioritized as having more credibility to update product page information.
Your products are eligible for Free Shipping and (even better!) Walmart covers all shipping charges.
Your products are eligible for “Ship to Store,” a popular option in which buyers can pick up their products from their local Walmart.
If another 3P merchant is selling the same product, as a DSV seller your product takes priority and is more likely to get the Buy Box. This increases conversion and puts you in a winning position against 3P sellers.
GeekSeller + DSV
Integration with 3rd party systems
DSV sellers can put rich media content on their pages
How to apply to become a Walmart DSV?
A seller will need to provide the required information and documents to tell Walmart more about their company. This is the checklist with the information that domestic suppliers should be prepared to provide in order to become a fully qualified supplier of Walmart.
Walmart DSV Program Requirements
DSVs are required to comply with the below program requirements. Failure to comply may result in account suspension or termination.
- Being able to fulfill orders Monday through Friday up to 12 pm local time.
- Submitting Operational Outages (scheduled closures) to Walmart at least 14 days in advance.
- Ship with FedEx, UPS and USPS – Walmart assigns a carrier and ship method to each order. Supplier must ship with the Walmart assigned carrier method.
- Shipping in plain, unbranded boxes and do not include packing slips or marketing materials in packages.
- Shipping only from the contiguous 48 states (suppliers cannot ship from Hawaii or Alaska)
- Keeping updated inventory numbers.
- Maintaining DSV Performance Standards outlined below.