As an official Walmart API integration partner, we help sellers with understanding the process of applying to sell on Walmart.
Looking for 3PL companies with US-based warehouses? Need a law firm for creating your US-based LLC? Need assistance to understand the Walmart Marketplace application steps? Contact us, so we can review your application and provide feedback.
GeekSeller is a tool that helps sellers with operating on Walmart, but we can also help you with the Walmart application. The application is available at marketplace.walmart.com. Before you apply, you should review the requirements listed below and contact us for additional assistance.
How to get approved to sell on Walmart
For the application, you will need the following information:
- US Business Tax ID (EIN).
- W9 or W8 and EIN Verification Letter from the Department of Treasury that verifies your US business address or place of physical operations.
- Address or place of physical operations.
- US Business address.
- Primary product categories, catalog size, and related information. Make sure your products have UPC/EAN codes.
- US warehouse(s) address.
Those are the most crucial items, but this is not all the data you will need. Before you start the application, we encourage you to first visit the application link or review all the application steps listed at the bottom of this post. Get familiar with the data that you will need to provide, so you can collect it ahead of time.
When filling out the application:
- The application process should take about 10-15 minutes if you have all your information available. Keep in mind your progress will not be saved if you close the browser tab.
- We strongly recommend using Google Chrome on your laptop or desktop computer, do not apply via tablet or phone.
- International sellers – if your company operates mainly outside of the US, you may need to have established in the US business operations. That includes a registered company, physical address, and your products should be stored and shipped from the local US warehouses.
- If you are interested in selling on Walmart.ca (Walmart Canada), we encourage you to first create your Walmart US account and then apply to sell on Walmart Canada.
- The Walmart team has a very strict process of accepting sellers. Make sure the provided information is accurate and complete. You need to prove to Walmart that you are a real business, experienced in selling online, and that you will be able to satisfy Walmart’s high standards for product quality, competitive prices, and shipping speed.
If you are an international seller and do not have business in the US you can apply through the Non-US seller form.
You can also check your seller application status through the link available in this post.